summer interns have arrived and they're so incredibly awesome that we thought we'd do a little q&a about them, since they are members of our team that many of you haven't met yet, but are busy little bees behind the scenes helping us crank out some rad designs for upcoming projects (including one of our own--more on that soon!).
so without further ado, our newest (sadly summer only) additions:
- favorite food and/or restaurant? I love Thai food! It used to Narraya in Pacific Beach but ever since they closed, I've been on the lookout for another.
- designer that most inspires you? Louis Khan and/ or Luis Barragan.
- what's the best place you've traveled to so far OR where do you want to go for your dream vacation? I 've traveled to Kenya and Tanzania which has been the best vacation thus far.
- color of choice? Anywhere on the cool color spectrum, so green/ blue/ purple. (that's about as specific as I can get--too many choices!!)
- you in a nutshell? small Indian girl with the soul of an old black woman.
- what's your secret (or not so secret) super power? yet to be discovered.
- why did you get into design in the first place? When I was in Africa, I got to visit a Masai village and see one of their homesteads. I was really inspired by the efficiency and versatility of the space. When "shopping" for majors for college, I really like architecture because it married the essence of creativity with the essence of math. I made my choice then, and I'm so glad I did!
- life philosophy? "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about dancing in the rain." "Life isnt measured in the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
- if you weren't a designer, what would you be? World traveler/ Chef /Art Collector
- what's something we don't already know about you? I was born during a hurricane (so my parents always joke that I know how to make an appearance).
- favorite food and/or restaurant? thai food
- designer that most inspires you? carlos scarpa / peter zumthor / kengo kuma (i can't just pick one)
- what's the best place you've traveled to so far OR where do you want to go for your dream vacation? a trip to japan that includes an intensive stationary shopping spree would be a dream come true.
- color of choice? grey (does it count?) or if grey is "not a color" then mood indigo
- you in a nutshell? a healthy amount of passion with too scoops of typos *two
- what's your secret (or not so secret) super power? i am a font whisperer (show me a font and 90% of the time i'll know the name of it)
- why did you get into design in the first place? when i was seven helvetica whispered in my ear to become a designer and remove the font sins committed by comic san users. it was written in the new (roman) testament i guess..
- life philosophy? take risks; life is too short to play it safe.
- if you weren't a designer, what would you be? psychologist or an industrial engineer
- what's something we don't already know about you? i am a matcha lover, an enthusiastic photographer, and a music aficionado.