Work at playground
Do you love geeking out on details? Have the patience and focus to produce both beautiful and accurate drawings? Do you like the idea of working in a small, boutique design firm where you will have significant opportunity to shape company culture and grow with the team? Are you someone who takes direction well and has a positive attitude? Do you enjoy the process of selecting the right line weights and hatching to create frame-worthy drawings and sketches?
If this sounds like you, please apply! If not, this job is probably not the right fit for you.
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working, friendly and self-motivated individual with a passion for design and at least 1-2 years of related experience. Essential skills include the ability to produce polished presentation-ready documents using InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as precise and detailed drafting and modeling in Rhino and AutoCAD.
You must be a self-starter and be able to work independently, as well as collaborate with a team. In addition, you must know how to go into a residential or commercial space, measure accurately, take photos and create accurate floor plans and elevation drawings for clients. In addition, you must be able to create detailed, buildable shop drawings, as well as interact with fabricators and contractors, answering RFIs and attending related meetings as necessary.
Rendering ability (by hand or computer) is a major plus!
- Take measurements and create accurate floor plans and elevation drawings
- Drafting and modeling with AutoCAD and Rhino
- Preparing construction documents
- Creating shop drawings and coordinating fabrication/construction as needed
- Code and site analysis; analyzing zoning documents for pre-design
- Professionalism and clear communication
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to manage and accurately track hours and maintain project budgets
- Degree in Architecture or Interior Design (or relevant equivalent experience)
- Must have a California Driver License
Pay is commensurate with experience.
To apply – please email your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com and include the subject line: Drafter Application.
Summer 2017 Design Internship
Small, high-end design firm seeking a creative, outgoing and professional design intern for the summer term. Candidates must be responsible, self-motivated, detail-oriented, professional and friendly. Three to four month term position, with the possibility of hire at the completion of the term.
To apply – please email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the subject line: Summer Internship Application. In your application, please outline your areas of interest so we can ensure it is a good fit for the experience you are seeking, as well as any requirements for school credit. Please note, this is an unpaid position.
- Taking measurements, photos and creating accurate floor plans and measured drawings
- Creating 3D models
- Drafting with AutoCAD
- Ability to exercise good judgement and develop creative design solutions
- Preparation of presentation materials
- Will assist design team in all phases of projects
- Working towards a degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Proficiency in MAC OSX, Rhino, AutoCAD and Photoshop
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to create 3D renderings or hand sketched renderings is a major plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Intelligent, quick learner, honest, reliable and hardworking